Monday, July 4, 2011

Kent State Fashion Library - I am a hand model in the making





During the academic year I frequent the Fashion Library on campus. In fact the first time I took a tour of the campus I vividly remember telling my mother and the librarian of my plans to set up camp because for the next four years I would be living there. At the time I am sure both the librarian and my mother thought I was being sarcastic, but now two years have passed and not only do all the librarians know me by name, but on a regular basis I am also asked for assistance by students who mistake me for a library employee. 


Spending as much time as I do rummaging through the stacks of designer biographies, original sketchbooks, and vintage magazines; I also catch up with the librarians to find out what's going on. 


This past semester  they launched a campaign to promote the library's Facebook page. The  library is known for having an amazing collection of historic fashion magazines.  The librarians decided to promote this by posting pictures of magazine covers held up by students and they created a three-dimensional effect as if the cover model were to come off the page. 


After learning about this fun and creative undertaking I decided to get involved by not only posing for one of the promotional images, but helping recruit other student models and assisting with the pictures. (See me above and my hand in the photos below.)

 You can check out the Kent State Fashion Library's Page on Facebook by visiting:  http://www.facebook.com/KSUFashionLIBB.


I hope you enjoy the pictures from the project that  I included.
          
 Summer Love! 







1 comment: