Sunday, July 3, 2011

Movie Review: Lessons from Seamless

Looking for a girl friend movie? Consider Seamless- a documentary about the experiences of  up and coming fashion designers. If you are a fan of Project Runway, you will like Seamless. I found it on streaming Netflix. Hip music and sleek fashion shows.




As a fashion student, here is what I learned....but watch it just for an inside look at a the world of fashion. These lessons are not just applicable to fashion...they are applicable to life.

Note: Fashion is a $32 billion dollar business for NYC

Anna Wintour "You need to walk in and own a room"
It is all about the business - know your stuff. Don't be wishy washy - have your vision.
It is important to back a winner - comment on first CFDA Fashion Award

Lazaro Hernandez  - "Most difficult to make mistakes publically"As an overnight darling of the fashion world - he had to run a business 24/7 while hisr friends were graduating.

Doo.Ri Chung "Every small town creates that fire...that you just want to get out of there!"
"One angle takes you to the next, takes you to the next, it is very free-form. My women always come out scary."  "I want to do killer sexy dresses." 
"They asked me where I manfacture, how many pieces I make, can I handle fame."

Alexandre Plokhov "Excited about the CRAFT of making clothes....going from sketch to garment."
"It should take you fifteen minutes to discover a man is well dressed."











.

No comments:

Post a Comment